Volunteers & Employment
Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Internship - English as a Second Language
Click here for detail description.
After School Program Assistant Teacher Positions
Now interviewing for 2011¬2012 Assistant Teachers. We need energetic people with childcare experience. Positions are available in Montgomery (7:15¬9:15 am and 2:30¬6 pm) and Princeton, 2:30¬6 pm daily Mon¬Fri, and Sept¬June. Please call Tara O’Shea, Director of Youth Programs, at 609¬497¬2100 x 334 or email email@example.com.
BCRC Program Volunteers
Volunteers play a vital role in the success of BCRC programs. Why not give a bit of your time, energy, and experience to make a difference in the lives of others? We invite you to work alongside fun, energetic and caring individuals to further the mission of BCRC. We encourage breast cancer survivors as well as supporters and general members of the public to volunteer, and are particularly in need of Hispanic, Asian, and African American volunteers for Community Outreach activities. To find out more about volunteer opportunities please read on or contact BCRC at 609¬497¬2100 ext. 346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administrative Volunteers - We are looking for organized, detail¬oriented adults to assist with office administrative tasks (filing, copying, data entry, phone calls, office organization, etc.). This position would best suit someone who can commit to a regular schedule of at least 4¬6 hours on a specific day each week (i.e. Wednesdays, 10¬3).
- Community Outreach Assistant (Volunteer) - We are looking for an outgoing, energetic, organized adult to help coordinate BCRC Community Outreach activities including health fairs, breast cancer awareness talks, and Women of Wisdom programs. The position would entail assisting the Community Outreach Coordinator with event scheduling, volunteer recruitment, material ordering/labeling/prep, event setup and staffing, and post¬event follow¬up (data entry, thank you letters, etc). This position would best suit someone who can commit to a regular schedule of at least 4¬6 hours on a specific day each week (i.e. Tuesdays, 10¬3), but who is also flexible and able to assist with evening and/or weekend events.
- Community Outreach Team Volunteers - We need to build a team of Community Outreach Volunteers who can represent BCRC at Community Outreach activities including health fairs, breast cancer awareness talks, and Women of Wisdom programs throughout the year. The goal is to have a large group of outgoing, energetic adults (breast cancer survivors and supporters) who can be called upon on an ad hoc basis to help with outreach related tasks including material labeling/prep, staffing BCRC/breast cancer display tables, and speaking to groups at awareness talks. Emails with activity details would be sent to all those who’ve expressed interest in being part of the Community Outreach Team, and anyone available for a specific activity would respond and be scheduled. Volunteers do not have to commit to a certain number of hours or days, and could assist with day, evening, or weekend programs according to their availability.
- Special Projects Volunteers - We are looking for multiple energetic, outgoing, organized individuals to take responsibility for various special projects at BCRC. This position is perfect for someone who likes a task with a beginning and an end, and wants to see results! BCRC is always taking on new and unique projects and partnerships, finding ourselves in need of capable volunteers to take the reins and run with a project! Schedules are flexible, but the ability to have at least one 4¬6 hour regular “in¬office” day is always beneficial. Possible projects might include: 100 Women, 100 Ways, 100 Days fundraiser, Pink Zone Basketball Event, “In the Pink” Centerpiece Competition, “In the Pink” Silent Auction, Paddle for Pink Dragon Boat Festival (BCRC booth and paddling team), “Nurturing Journey Retreat” Coordinator, to mention only a few!
- "In the Pink" Fashion Show Intern - Interested in event management, marketing, development, non¬profit management? Want to get some hands¬on experience for your resume? Want to know what is involved in coordinating a major fundraising event from beginning to end? BCRC’s “In the Pink” Intern position might be just right for you! We are looking for an outgoing, energetic, detail¬oriented person to assist with BCRC’s signature fundraising and awareness raising event, the “In the Pink’ Fashion Show. The internship period is mid¬June to mid¬October, and the intern must work at least 10 hours per week during office hours (schedule is flexible), and be available all day on event day. This position would best suit a local college student or adult with strong verbal and written communication skills, good computer skills (Excel, Word, social networking), and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. This is an unpaid internship, but letters of recommendation/referral will be provided upon completion.