Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Lifeguard & Water Safety Instructor
The YWCA Princeton offers a variety of aquatics classes and pool times in Plainsboro. We are seeking a candidate comfortable working with children, teens, adults and adaptive students and who has familiarity with the American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program. Our goal is to provide a fun, friendly, and safe environment for our swimmers – new, seasoned, and recreational. Must be responsible and a command for all aspects swimming and pool safety.
The YWCA Princeton is seeking a part-time Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor with 1 year experience.
- Must have current certifications in WSI, Lifeguard Training & First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- Water exercise & Parent/Toddler experience a plus.
- Must be flexible on working arrangements.
Candidates should contact Wendy Trockenbrod, Aquatics Director, at the YWCA Princeton at 609-497-2100 ext. 323.
Young Wonders Child Development Center at Princeton
Young Wonders Child Development Center at the YWCA Princeton offers an exceptional child care program for children 8 weeks to 6 years old that emphasizes well-rounded learning using the Creative Curriculum. We are seeking a
- Part-Time assistant teacher for our infant classroom. (ages 8 weeks to 18 months) This person must be available to work Monday to Friday from 1pm to 6pm.
- Full-Time lead teacher for our 2.5-3.5 year old classroom to cover a maternity leave. This position may result in a fulltime position after 3 months. This person must be able to work between the hours of 7:15-am-6pm Monday through Friday. You will rotate with other teachers to cover opening and closing shifts.
Requirements for part-time assistant teacher:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Minimum 1 year child care experience preferred
- CDA or Early Childhood Degree preferred but not required
Requirements for full-time lead teacher:
- CDA or Early Childhood Degree required
- Minimum of 1 year child care experience working with children in an early childhood program required
- Experience with the Creative Curriculum preferred but not required
Candidates should contact Mary Traub, Director, at the YWCA Princeton at 609-497-2100 ext. 325.